Sunday, June 16, 2013

Why I chose a Fiat 500

The Fiat wasn't my only option when I started to consider trading in my 2009 Cube.  I originally thought I would make a return to VW Beetle.  They released a new beetle in 2012 and I was willing to wait for the diesel version.

I had a 2001 TDI New Beelte, which I loved.  I still don't know what possessed me to trade it in for the Cube.  The Cube and I just never clicked.  When I looked at the redesigned Beetles in person I noticed how they have lost their cuteness factor.  Too sporty looking for me.  I also considered staying with Nissan and going electric with a Leaf.  Again, in person the car did nothing for me.  

It was around this time that I saw a Fiat 500 for the first time.  Now that is a car that brings a smile to my face :)  I went to the local studio and test drove a Lounge.  It was Blanco Perla with red/white seats.  I loved driving the car but I still wasn't feeling like it was the one.

One night I was watching a Fiat 500 commercial when I noticed a green fiat in the background.  I looked around online and realized it was the Verde Chiaro colour.  The car builder feature on the Fiat website does not do this colour justice as I had never considered it before.  I came across an interior photo online of the green dash with ivory and brown leather seats.  BAM!  That was it.  That was my car.  

When I learned that there was actually 1 car with the specs I wanted available in all of Ontario - I knew that it was my Luigi and I had to bring him home :)  I opted to have a hood spear added to him right off the bat - again a great retro look.

No comments:

Post a Comment